Building and maintaining good and health habits as a developer. The more good habits you have less likely you will become burnt out. If you become burnt out it’s extremely difficult and almost impossible to recover from.
Some tips of health habits to adopt for yourself:
- Take a walk outside daily.
- Eat breakfast
- Eat fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Get enough sleep.
- Try to get 7-8 hours a night.
- You can try doing this in two phases if needed instead, some research shows this is more natural for humans anyways.
- Don’t take on projects that you can’t handle.
- Try meditation.
- Reduce your sugar intake
- Drink only black coffee.
- Reduce your commute to less than 30 mins each direction.
- Keep your working environment organized in such a way that you can find what you need when you need it. No you don’t have to clean your desk, just make sure you can find what you need.
- Make sure you have hobbies that aren’t sitting down at a computer.
- Do yourself a favor and get an ergonomic setup.